Rants and Ramblings of a not so sterotypical trekkie. There is life outside of Star Trek

20060718

Pro Gamer

WTF!!

AT 8 yrs old this kid shouldn't know Halo. Besides that he shouldn't be up till 10pm. My little brother isn't even allowed up till 10 in the summer and he's a few years older than this kid.

Yes its all great this kid has money for college, if he goes that is something that'll have to wait and be seen in ten years. Who knows all this could be a fad for the kid and he'll get tired of it.

I find it hard to believe that at 2 the kid could be calmed with a game controller.When I was 2 there wasn't even a console system out there. I was five or six when the Nintendo came out. What happened to reading to a kid to calm them down or getting them a sippy cup of juice or something? not a game controller.

It's great the kid is good at something but he should be good at games for his age range. I don't think being a pro gamer qualifies him as a child prodigy. Their are probably other kids out there that are just as good at gaming but are playing the age appropriate games.

It feels to me like some of this is like those parents that force their kids into stuff and then they retaliate because they didn't want to do it in the first place. The kid is probably having fun with the games but is he really truly enjoying the benefits of being pro.Does he understand it?The time might come some day where the kids like I don't want to do this anymore. I want to be a kid.

No comments: